Thursday, September 22, 2011

Putting Things On Hold For...Well...Life!


I know it has been a REALLY LONG time since I last blogged. I don't even know if anyone is still checking up on me through my blog. I don't know if anyone cares anymore. No big deal. Not really a concern of mine. Anyway, I thought I would finally put something up to explain what's been going on with me. I mean, I finally have a free moment.

I so wanted to complete my summer reading list of books and movies. As you can tell from my blogs, I didn't exactly accomplish that. I am still trying to get through it. It just may take a whole year to do it instead the 3 months I wanted. That's how busy I've been. Not that being busy is bad, it just means that in my life I can only take so much of "busy".

I have always been the type of person to make "to do" lists. I like to have things set-up, so I can follow an idea of what to get done and how to do it. But lately MY "to do" lists keep getting pushed aside. Maybe it's the fact that I'm getting older and I don't feel like following a plan anymore. Or maybe the age that my kids are at, is taking up my life. I don't know how many times I've said this, but I'll say it again. Being a Mom is tough. Being a stay-at-home Mom is the hardest! Now that school is back in session, so are all the activities that go along with that. Dance still for Ashley, and flag football and swimming for Anthony. At least now during the day, I can have some time to devote to me. Lately it's been doing house chores (yuk!) and catching up on movies I've wanted to see. So the blog has been put aside. I think maybe because it seemed like a chore to me.

I like blogging, but I think I put too much pressure on myself with it. So, I've decided to take that monkey off my back. I will continue to blog, but maybe just not as much as when I first started out. When I have time to blog, I will. If I really have something to say, I'll post it.

In the meantime, I have joined the PTO at Anthony's school, became president of the Booster Club at Ashley's dance studio and I'm still trying to be the Supermom at home. Not much going on with me at all...

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, I miss reading your blogs. I know how life can get in the way as I haven't written in a while either. However, I feel the same way you do - once it starts to feel like an obligation, I lay low until I'm inspired again.

    Nice to read you again and I hope to continue seeing more. Love you,
    Tv

    ReplyDelete