Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kung Fu All The Way



Well if you haven't seen this movie yet, you need to. As a parent, I have always dreaded having to take my kids to see movies that I really don't want to see myself. This was one of the movies that I actually wanted to take Ashley and Anthony to. I loved the first one, and so did they. And this movie doesn't disappoint with humor, action, a great story line, and all those phrases we can live by. I just love the morals in these stories!

All the "Furious Five" Kung Fu characters and Master Shifu are back from the first film, and of course there are some new characters to challenge the Dragon Warrior. The best word to describe this movie comes from Po (Jack Black) himself..."Awesomeness"!

I truly love Master Shifu...so wise yet so sarcastic. In this second movie he is trying to help Po find inner peace, something we all struggle with from time to time.  Yet the story here is that when we have inner peace, anything is possible. I guess that could be true because we've always been told "Anything you put your mind to, you can achieve." I have been proof this last year that the power of positive thinking is...well...POWERFUL.

Po is probably everyone's favorite, right? Who doesn't love a giant panda, who is the most unlikely to be chosen for greatness? But my favorite thing that he says in this movie is that "Scars fade, wounds heal." Such powerful words for a kid-friendly movie. But oh, so true. I just felt this movie speaking directly to me! And really, these are things we should be teaching our kids. They can learn a thing or two.

The best message that I think this story sends is when the Soothsayer, the elder, is talking to Po and she says, "Your story may not have such a happy beginning but that doesn't make you who you are, it is the rest of your story, who you choose to be." And then Po tries to help Lord Shen, the villian in this movie, and says, "You got to let go of the stuff from past, because it just doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what you choose to be now." Isn't that the truth for all of us. There may be times in our lives that we have to take control of our own destiny. It's not about what happens to us, it's about what we make of what happens to us. Words to live by!

Profound messages, but nonetheless, meaningful!

No comments:

Post a Comment